Biologie de synthèse
- 8 juin 2014Self-regulation is a good first step — but synthetic-biology companies still need independent oversight.
- 8 juin 2014Blocking patents are delaying advances in cancer medicine and food crops, says the Canada-based Innovation Partnership, a non-profit consultancy. The full benefits of synthetic biology and nanotechnology will not be realized without urgent reforms…
- 8 juin 2014In a third-floor loft where programmers build Internet start-ups, Mackenzie Cowell is talking about the tools he and like-minded young colleagues are using to fuel what they hope will be the next big thing in biology...
- 8 juin 2014Over fears that terrorists could order the genes needed to make a deadly virus, a group of "designer DNA" companies is stepping up security.
- 24 novembre 2015The Synthetic Biology Project is releasing a new report looking at intenational intellectual property treaties and synthetic biology.
- 30 octobre 2015Join us at 6 pm on Nov. 12 the Fab Lab DC for a lively discussion about the potential of do-it-youself biology. The event will feature the wrold premiere of the short documentary The Rise of Do-It-Yourself Biology: A Look at the Baltimore Underground Science Space.
- 19 octobre 2015The Synthetic Biology Project is teaming up with the American Society for Microbiology and the Baltimore Underground Science Space to put on an exciting evening of experiements and fun. Join us on Oct. 28 in Washington, DC, to learn more about synthetic biology!
- 25 septembre 2015NEW DATE! Join us Oct. 15 for the release of our new report, The DNA of the U.S. Regulatory System: Are We Getting It Right for Synthetic Biology? Panelists will discuss how synthetic biology applications would be regulated by the U.S. Coordinated Framework, how this would affect the market pathway of these applications and whether the existing framework will protect human health and the environment.
- 8 juin 2014A groundbreaking poll has found that nearly nine in 10 Americans say they have heard just a little or nothing at all about the emerging field of synthetic biology. This new insight into limited public awareness of emerging technologies comes on the cusp of a major leadership change in the nation’s capital.
- 8 juin 2014Mechanical engineers use off the shelf tools and components to create their products, and in Jay Keasling’s vision, genetic engineers will one day soon have similar resources at their disposal.
- 8 juin 2014The Synthetic Biology Project is being launched to identify gaps in our knowledge of the potential risks of the field, explore public perceptions towards it, and examine governance options that will both ensure public safety and facilitate innovation. Take the quiz! Winners Announced!
- 8 juin 2014Recent action in Congress to reauthorize the U.S. federal nanotechnology research program offers the chance to address the social and ethical issues concerning the emerging scientific field, experts say. A newly released report emphasizes ways in which these topics intersect with governmental functions and responsibilities.